© 1984-2015 • Tag Team for Jesus Christ • tt4jc.com
Psalma Mama aka Dawn Gwin
psalmamama.com • sozoprayze.com
Tag Team for Jesus Christ
Givers and Takers
Most are primarily givers or primarily takers.
Early one morning years ago an American serviceman was making his way back to the barracks in London. He saw a little boy with his nose pressed to the window of a bakery, staring in silence. The serviceman’s heart went out to the little boy, probably an orphan. “Son, would you like some of those?” “Oh, yeah, I would!”
The serviceman stepped inside and bought a dozen. He took the bag outside to the boy and said, “Here you are.”
As he turned to walk away, he felt a tug on his coat. He heard the child ask quietly, “Mister, are you God?”
(I read this story by Stephen J. Cole from Flagstaff, AZ.)
When we give, we act as God does. “God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son …” (John 3:16). As God’s people, we should be givers, not only at the Christmas season,
but as a way of life.
Want a description of a giver. Read description of one who loves:
I Cor. 13:4-7
I. What does God want us to be? Whole message of Bible might be summed up: Be a giver. I am still learning. Below are some Verses that have helped me tremendously through the years, and still do.
1. Prov. 11:25 "The generous soul will be made rich, and he who waters will also be watered himself."
2. Prov. 22:9 "He who has a bountiful eye will be blessed for he gives his bread to the poor."
3. Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to receive."
4. Luke 6:38 "Give and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be
measured back to you."
5. Rich told in 1 Tim. 6:18; "Let them do good, that they may be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share." (BE givers!)
6. Heb. 13:16 "Do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased."
(David Bermudez looked these Scripture Verses up. He lives in Florida but teaches the Hispanic a lot in NYC and New Jersey area.)