Tag Team for Jesus Christ
Jesus and Children
Do you remember yesterday when we talked about GOD putting things in young children's minds before we were born that He intended to stay in our minds? For instance, He put it into a child's mind to, want to wear their Daddy's shoes, or else their Mommy's shoes (the one they are dependent on.) He intends for parents to teach their children the importance of wearing GOD's full armor, which includes our heavenly Daddy's shoes.
This morning and through the day, The Lord has compelled me to think about many other things He must have planted in our minds as a child. Jesus told His disciples, “Suffer the little children to come unto Me, for of such is the kingdom of GOD. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of GOD as a little child, he shall not enter in there.” Mark 10:15
I feel like He must have intended for these things He put in a child, to be developed as we got older; but never lost.
I believe GOD planted into Children these things: To love to…
1. Twirl around, sometimes on a merry-go-round. Small children love to twirl around and around. It’s good for their equilibrium. GOD tells us to “Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, rejoice.” In the original Hebrew language, “Rejoice” means “to twirl around, jump, leap for sheer joy; to dance.”
2. They like to play the good guy against the bad guy. Ephesians 6:12-13 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
3. Sing: Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16
4. Clap: O clap your hands, all ye people Psalm 47:1
5. Dance: Let Israel be glad in his Maker; Let the sons of Zion rejoice in their King. Let them praise His name with dancing; Let them sing praises to Him with timbrel and lyre. For the LORD takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation.…
6. Shout: shout unto God with the voice of triumph. Psalm 47:2 For the Lord most high is terrible; He is a great King over all the earth.
7. They are eager to please those they love, when small. Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the
interests of others.
8. Love people until they are taught to fear them or to be critical of them instead. Also, children are quick to forgive an offense. “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.
9. They are sincere and never fake. Romans 12:9
10. They are cheerful and worry-free because they are dependent on their parent for everything. Serve the Lord with gladness. Psalm 100:2 and Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5,6
11. They are cuddly and loveable until they grow more independent and “grow out of it.”
Never grow out of being cuddly and loveable with your heavenly
Father, not ever.
How we should be toward people: “If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men.” Romans 12:18 and “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another.”
How we should be toward GOD: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.”
Never grow out of being cuddly and loveable with your
heavenly Father, not ever.
Hope this helps someone. Amen.
© 1984-2018 • Tag Team for Jesus Christ • tt4jc.com
another Project of Psalma Mama aka Dawn Gwin
aka Dawn Gwin